Start your day off on the right foot with our Healthy Breakfast recipe that is both easy to make and affordable to buy. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make sure that you try out this recipe that will be good for you and give you that energy boost that will get you through the day.
• 2 cups old-fashioned oats
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans)
• 1/3 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 2 tbsp butter, melted
• 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Stir together the oats, brown sugar, nuts, dried fruit, and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, applesauce, butter, and egg. Stir into the oats mixture until combined.
4. Coat an 11 x 7 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter into the dish.
5. Bake for 20 minutes in a 180 degree oven.
6. After baking, allow to cool and cut into single servings. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the freezer using a freezer bag. In the morning, remove the wrap and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds or until gooey and warm.